1.5
Coverage Area
Style and Design

I signed up with Vonage residential service six months ago. According to the email I received at the time (and retained), my rate was to be $9.99/month for six months and $27.99/month after that, "plus taxes and fees." I was annoyed that the amount billed came to $20.15/month, given that the sound quality was horrible.

I found I still use my cell phone even from home because the reception is much better. However, I accepted the extra expense to have a backup, especially woth kids at home. I was quite suprised to find my bill jumped to $43.15 last month! That was not at all what I expected when I signed up for service.

I called customer service and spoke to a woman with a thick accent who answered, saying, "I'll be your account manager today." I wanted to cancel service because it was costing more than I had agreed, but she informed me that I would be billed $80.00 as an "early termination fee." She also refused my demand to speak to a manager, stating, "I am a manager." I then demanded to speak to her supervisor, but she refused, claiming there were no supervisors there. The lady did offer to give me a promotional price, which brought the price down to $27.99/month, supposedly including taxes and fees. However, that is yet to be seen next month when the bill is deducted from my account.

In the meantime, I am out the first payment of $43.15. I do not trust these people at all and no longer want to do any business with them.

Comments