Update by user May 22, 2014

I have good news to add. After continuing my posts on Facebook, Twitter, and the Executive Board email for Vonage customers....success!

A rep responded & forwarded my difficulty to Vonage. On Monday, May 19, 2014 I received a phone call from a Vonage supervisor with feedback on how to solve the problem. Finally, both systems cooperated for successful porting. However, by this time I had to resign the "3rd Party Notification" agreement saying that I agreed to switching the service.

Thanks to whoever got everything synched. It's now ported and I'm expecting my Comcast equipment shortly to support my alarm system.

Original review posted by user May 10, 2014

I've given Vonage ample notice of cancelling phone service so that I would receive the full refund. That required contacting Vonage C S and finally requiring a supervisor to get my point across (cancel request) while being bullied into continuing an extra 14 days (and then owing an extra $180 in early term fees.)

Got everything done on the paperwork end. Have an e receipt of full refund and am in process of returning equipment. Vonage refuses to port the number back to Comcast...claims 10 - 14 days!! However, the FCC mandates one business day...and cell phone companies often can do this in hours.

In their attempts to extend my service & pay the $180 .... I was told that "they may not be able to guarantee the same number" if I didn't extend. Another violation. If it had been clear upfront, I wouldn't have switched since my alarm will not work with their service.

I am waiting for swift action to port my number back to Comcast. Comcast has tried, but can't access without Vonage's action.

This is not the first attempt to resolve this problem. I have recently contacted their board of directors for a complaint review, tweeted, and am in the process of contacting the Public Services Commission & the FCC, etc.

Thanks for any light you can shed on this problem for a successful resolution.

Review about: Vonage Phone Service.

Comments