Gouldsboro, Pennsylvania
2.0

I was on the line with Vonage for approximately 75 minutes because they refused to allow me to pay a one time payment. I am a retired military officer and have had my account for over three years.

I experience several payment problems with Vonage and wanted to remove my card from their system, opting to pay a one-time-payment method monthly. The supervisor was having trouble processing the payment and requested my credit card information four times, and deleted it by mistake one of those times. Then she stated, "Is this the card that you will use always?" I told her, always is not the proper word and I can not agree that I will use this credit card always. Therefore for the next 45 minutes Vonage refused to reactive my account and her manager refused to speak to me on the phone.

He stood at the phone and when she asked, "Is this the card that you will use always?" When I refused to agree to those terms he would not reactive my account. After 75 minutes they wanted to charge me a reactivation fee of $9.99 and I was paying the account two days early and it was not late. I told the supervisor, I refused to pay $9.99 after being on the phone over 75 minutes for this call, you should be apologizing to me and waiving all fees associated with this account. She once again declared that she can not waive the fee and that I had to pay it.

Of course before this point I was extremely upset. Finally they agreed to waive the fee and I requested to speak to her supervisor again and they refused to come to the phone again.

And I stated, "your supervisor is refusing to speak to a customer regarding the one time payment option?" I told her that I was filing a complaint with the BBB over this incident and wanted the policy regarding forcing customers to have a credit card on file and not being allowed to make a one time payment. If it is not open to all customers then why is it on the website as a payment method?

Product or Service Mentioned: Vonage Phone Service.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

Vonage Cons: Executive response team, Supervisiors.

Comments

#1203761

Ugh same thing I just dealt with today.

Hoping "supervisor" calls me back tomorrow as I was told they would.

My wife made the last payment and started this clusterf*ck!