23 Main St, Holmdel, NJ 07733, USA
1.5
Coverage Area

I signed up for a one-line business service and ordered a phone. A week later I have email notice that the line is active as of that day.

We tried for the whole day to get the phone set-up, simultaneously trying to get someone at Vonage to help. As in many of these reviews it soon became evident that the only human beings answering the phone at Vonage are the sales department. THERE IS NO TECH SUPPORT, at least not a human one. The machine keeps referring to a "set-up" website which takes you into a mad unhelpful loop. Finally I called the sales department pretending that I wanted to be a new customer. NOW I get a human being. I asked to cancel our relationship because even if we were to get the phone going, any problems in the future were going to cost us hours of aggravation and ultimately money.

They cancelled after my ONE DAY of (non) service and promptly charged my credit card almost $800 "early cancellation fee".

My next step is to call my congressman (small district he's accessible). Maybe a complaint can be added to a telecommunications committee data base, and then on to small claims court to get the credit card charge reversed, then in my spare time hit every complaint forum I can with my story.

Product or Service Mentioned: Vonage Customer Care.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

Vonage Cons: Inaccessibility of company personnel after the sale, Stole my money in early termination fee.

Comments